Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Facebook in the Workplace

I totally understand the reasoning behind why Apple chose to fire the employee. But was it right? Personally, I agree in a certain extent. A company doesn't want a bad reputation, especially if its being spread from an employee. I really don't know why an employee would want to say bad things about their employer(even if they believe it) on a social network because of massive people that use them. The article even stated about college kids at interviews that "over half not accepting a job that bans social media in the workplace." Meaning our generation is so attached to social networking, they will not even accept a job without being able to use one. Which is almost sad, seeing how many people can not find jobs right now. Therefore, by saying a negative comment on a social network, the comment will reach tons of people and influence them to purchase goods or services elsewhere. I don't know if Apple needed to go as far as firing the employee though. Maybe should of suspended the employee at most in my opinion.

1 comment: